One of my new besties, a very lovely lady who writes Tonettejoycefoodfriendsfamily, nominated me for the prestigious Liebster Award. This is a wonderful and unexpected honor, albeit a teensy bit sad, because it’s meant to draw attention to deserving blogs (the happy part) who have less than 200 readers (the sad face part). However, I will carry on with a smile as the glass half full kinda gal I am, and proceed with the rules.
I need to nominate 11 other under-appreciated blogs with less than 200 followers. Hey guys, I appreciate you! Please visit them and give them some love because they are very interesting to read and are authored by brilliant and creative writers. Some have a bit more than 200 but I really enjoy them so much I wanted to help others make the discovery, and I think I actually have chosen 12, but whatever, I never like to follow rules. And since most of the time I believe the world revolves around me (well, it does around MY house!) and it’s all about me, I can mess with the rules just a bit. Next comes 11 juicy tidbits about myself, then answer 11 questions sent to me, and create 11 questions for my chosen group.
Eleven random facts about ME you really want to know!
1. My grandfather was a rabbi
2. I was in the movie “Stuntman”
3. I fell down a manhole when I was three-years-0ld
4. I once interviewed Bob Hope
5. I know someone who knows someone who went to the Skyfall premiere
6. I love animals more than 90% of all the humans on Earth
7. I’m from the midwest
8. I could probably have a big win on Jeopardy-my head is full of useless information
9. I’ve taught school
10. My husband says I use a shovel like a man (he meant it as a compliment; I was not amused)
11. I haven’t eaten meat since I was 16-years-old
These are the questions that I had to answer:
Do you live now where your family lived? My mom and dad and I moved from the mid west to San Diego, and my brother lives in on the west coast but not nearby; don’t keep in touch very much with the rest of the family
Do you like to live in the city or the country? I like where I live now, near the beach with a bit of hills, and the city about 30 minutes away. I want a little bit of everything!
Do you prefer to visit the city or the country? Definitely the country– to go hiking, camping, skiing. The city is only good for shopping
In what ways do you consider yourself the most creative?(Name as many ways as you’d like.)
I think I’m a pretty creative gluer of seashells and I try to put words together like I arrange my shells and rocks and beach glass
What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? I would like to build my copy editing/proofing business and maybe have the two books I’m currently working on done and published as well as the reality show I want to pitch to ANYONE and you’ll be seeing me on all the talk shows looking very fashionista
What would you like to try that you have not done before? Ski without being petrified of going too fast and falling.
Is there any place in particular that you have never seen that you would like to visit? France
What would you change about the world if you had one quick wish? No animal or child abuse
Rank these(1,2,3,4):books, music, sports, movies You did it for me, I would keep them arranged exactly the same!
What are your 3 favorite holidays? (Whatever you celebrate) My son’s birthday, Christmas, Hannukah, wedding anniversary (I chose 4)
Here are my questions for you:
1. How old were you when you first learned to read?
2. Name two of your favorite books.
3. What’s your favorite holiday dessert?
4. What is a Merchant Marine?
5. Who is your role model?
6. Who is your favorite movie star?
7. Do you make new year’s resolutions?
8. What’s cluttering up your life?
9. Do you drive a car or a truck?
10. Do you know how to change the battery in a smoke alarm?
11. What is your best home remedy for a sore throat?