I was inspired by other topnotch decorators who so kindly blogged about their DIY Christmas tree masterpieces.

In fact, I was so inspired and so thrilled to be stuck here all alone for the millionth time during the holidays that I created a masterpiece of my own, just for you, my loving internet family. S

o, Cousin Fur and Aunt Cheeky and Second Cousin Far Removed Tracy F for Fantastic, this one’s especially for you guys.

As I looked around my house, the elliptical seemed like it had the best “bones” to adorn.

Plus, it had a ready-made beverage holder!

I didn’t have any Maxi-pads or other feminine hygiene products–‘cos THAT ship has sailed–if you know what I mean. {Hey cool, a nautical reference jauntily tossed in. Damn, I’m good!}

I added a toilet paper garland, a couple of Sophie Kinsella novels, two glittery seashell ornaments, a bottle of wine in the beverage holder, a white plastic poinsettia, a few EMPTY gift bags, and a festive plush Hello Kitty toy.

You can’t really see it very good, but there’s a chocolate bar too, which I luckily don’t have to share with anyone! I’m such a lucky girl! This is the best use I’ve found for the elliptical. Hanging freshly ironed shirts on it is a close second.

Carry on with your day; just take a moment to let it all sink in. Don’t HATE…Emulate.

Decorated for Christmas elliptical decorated elliptical

About these ads

35 thoughts on “Best Christmas Decorations EVER-Haters, line up! Yoo hoo, Pinterest, I’m calling you!

1. Every tree should have a cupholder. If only to give Uncle Waldo someplace to rest his 72nd beer so he can have both hands free when he gets a bit gropey.

(With sincere apolgies to everyone who has a delightful, responsible, admirable Uncle Waldo.)

• Where’s Waldo? Get it? Ha ha ha, I crack myself up sometimes. I’m going to invite Lindsay Lohan to join me for the holidays. Gurrl and I are going to have a grand time. 5150s all around!

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Enchanted Seashells…Confessions of a Tugbo

2. uMMMMM…WELL………ummmmm….words escape me…seriously.I don’t know whether you are crazy or a genius…probably both.
    The more I look, the more I see…Scruffy…wine….books…I’m literally LOL!
    (But you still most likely crossed the fine line between genius and madness!)

• See what happens when the captain leaves me alone too long?? I do go a bit….overboard (haha another nautical reference). It looks like he might not be back til 2013 and I’m a bit freaked out!!

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Enchanted Seashells…Confessions of a Tugbo

• I am so sorry,Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year’s?. ..boy, that’ll take the wind out of your sails,(see,I can do it, too!) I am so sorry, for you.Poor Baby.
        Ships that have sailed, yep, for the last few years and except that my skin-tone went a bit downhill,(as well as my metabolism), it has been WONDERFUL! The women in my family hang in there into their 50’s and enough was enough! I can’t imagine why anyone would take hormones to delay it.
        Keep picking up the Hello, Kitty things.American Greetings has the license and that is where my Mr. works…(and they just had a lay-off this week.Mine missed the cut.)Yeah, Merry Christmas , you’re laid-off from a greeting card company! That just isn’t right! Keep those families in thought.

• My heart goes out to anyone who gets laid off, especially at the holiday time. I’ve had my share of pink slips (the kind you wear, too!) I think if you embrace the “ship” and don’t fight it, you’re much better off. Your Mr. works at AG? cool.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Enchanted Seashells…Confessions of a Tugbo

• Yes, send American Greeting cards …made in America!
        OK, the Mr. was a teacher for many years.@ AG, it is not intellectually as stimulating, but there is a lot less pressure. That works for me!

• Another teacher! What grade? I couldn’t take the pressure, the kids, the parents, the admin, or other crazy teachers. Yes, I’ll support USA made AG cards. I think it’s our responsibility to buy American! Good morning to you!

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Enchanted Seashells…Confessions of a Tugbo

3. Love it and still smiling. You seem to have covered it pretty well. I also like Hello Kitty. Smiling about “that ship has sailed”. For me also but now I have a nautical way to say it :)

• Hee hee. You can tell by my deteriorating mental state that my cap is not coming home for a long time unless something miraculous happens. It’s gonna get crazier. PS my ship sailed in 2007!!

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Enchanted Seashells…Confessions of a Tugbo

• :) I knew you had mentioned originally by Christmas was a possibility then you thought it might be earlier. Is there still a chance for Christmas or New Years? My ship sailed in 2000 due to a major illness and never came back. Don’t miss it!

4. Very cute! Looking at your “tree” makes me want to bring our Christmas skunk out of storage. We were going for a tasteful tree this year, but I think I’ve had a change of heart. Everyone needs fun, kitsch, Hello Kitty and a cupholder!

• Thank you! I’m not all that crafty except for seashells of course but I was inspired by feelings of sadness and abandonment by my stupid husband!!! Bring out the skunk!

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Enchanted Seashells…Confessions of a Tugbo

Now it's your turn to share your pearls with me. Cheers!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s