My Life as Lucille is awesome.
If you don’t already know that, please visit her at her awesome blog and at
My Life as Lucille (Facebook) and Twitter.
Her awesomeness isn’t just my own Enchanted opinion; she was honored with the Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness, so it must be true!
But there’s more to this epically awesome story.
My Life as Lucille nominated my little blog for the Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness (which I really don’t think I deserve) andthen she did something even MORE awesome for moi.
“…I had a little giveaway a while back. She didn’t win.
I really wanted to give her a little treat.
So I gave her this coupon.
Now she has a coupon for some Blog Fab and a shiny new award. She’s just that EPICALLY AWESOME.
So you’ll agree with me that My Life with Lucille is super super epically awesome, right?
I shared with her some first year blogger frustrations–about not having 2.3 million readers, literary agents not knocking down my door to publish my first novel, no producers wanting to take a meeting to script the real life of tugboat captain’s wife…sigh…and my own mariner gone three weeks already…and she very sweetly gifted me with a blog makeover to cheer me up! Now isn’t that the very definition of awesome?
I think so, too!
Sit back, grab a cuppa or something stronger, and read the following to learn
about my epically awesome blog angel.
My Life as Lucille
10 things I think might be epic about me. Or awesome. Or both. (Or neither):
1. I am not a quitter. Ever. In the time it takes someone to tell me something can’t be done, I will have done it and moved on to the next nay-sayer.
2. I tutored a Sports Illustrated
Swimsuit model when she was in middle school. I’m not sure what that says about my teaching skills.
3. I went to college when I was in 10th grade. It was awesome!
4. I’m published. I think that’s pretty epic. It would be even more epic if I could publish a book of my very own. I’m working on it.
5. According to a battery of tests, approximately 1 out of every 8 people are as smart as I am. I was tested by an actual Neuropsychologist
too, not a cheesy internet thingie. And I’m pretty certain I could have done better than that, but I had only 2 1/2 hours of sleep the night before. That, and I suck at geography. Other than that, I’m sort of smart. And I learn fast. I like learning. It’s sort of obnoxious.
6. I love to help people. By making them laugh, or by recognizing their talents, or encouraging them, or whatever they need. I’m kind of like a grown up cheerleader for Team Human.
7. I’ve been told by many people that I’m the funniest person they’ve ever met. Funny things pop into my head. A lot. Thank God for Twitter.
8. I have EPIC expectations for myself. As in, it’s never ok in my world to fail or not be perfect or do something perfectly. This tends to lend itself to some EPIC anxiety. This is NOT awesome.
9. I can teach anyone how to read. When I say anyone, I mean anyone. I know the secret.
10. I get about 700 pageviews per week. Without getting into pageviews v.s. visits and stuff, I think that’s pretty AWESOME. Especially considering I only started using Google Analytics 2 weeks ago. What’s even more EPIC though? YOU. The person sitting right there in front of your (insert device name here) taking time out of your busy day to read what I wrote. Thank you. You have helped me grow as a writer, a member of the blog community, and as a person. And you have shared my site and my words with your friends and readers. You read a post. And then another. You left me a comment. You tweeted me. You joined me at #wineparty. You posted on my facebook page. You cared about what I had to say. You listened. And that, is what I call EPIC.
I’m gonna post my Enchanted Seashells Epically Awesome Award another day.
This post was all about My Life as Lucille
. Thank you, Looooocille!