What did YOU accomplish this past weekend?
- Washed, ironed, re-hung curtains.
- Washed all the windows; inside and out.
- Moved all the furniture in the family room, waxed the tile, put it all back.
- Vacuumed and then wiped sofas and chairs with a barely damp cloth.
- Dusted and polished all the furniture; piano, and way too many shelves displaying my bounty of seashells.
- Cleaned out the refrigerator.
- Started a grocery list. I don’t eat much more than smoothies, hardboiled eggs, salad, and hummus.
- Created a computer folder of favorite recipes; definitely making Lemon Meringue Cupcakes – they were THAT good.
I’m sure you’ve guessed it by now--my tugboat man’s coming home!
After six weeks; forty-two LONG days and nights.
Not sure what day exactly, hopefully before the 4th — fingers crossed anyway.
The remaining days are set aside for welcome home decor and THE VERY IMPORTANT personal maintenance that MAY have been lacking whilst my mariner was out to sea. (Sometimes there is no better word than “whilst” which implies a certain wistfulness, don’t you agree?)
I don’t know if this is how other wives of mariners feel, but I seem to miss him most just before he comes home. It’s like the “missing” part gets put on hold until I know I’m going to see him again.
And how ’bout some INXS “Tear Us Apart”
And yup, I confess, I missed that big surfer — A LOT…The Carpenters “Close to You”