- FurFiles and I have organized a little Skype baking session–yes, we’re going to make apple pies together–my good friend and neighbor from another country are going to put on our aprons (well, I am) and slice some apples and roll out some dough! Doesn’t that sound like so much fun? Technology can be awesome, that’s for sure.
- Hubs and I went on the Palm Spring Aerial Tram yesterday and hiked all over in the snow at 8,000 ft. Took a lot of pics and will get to that post prolly when you-know-who leaves on Sunday.
- Tomorrow is the launch of our rowing dory and we’re having a christening party here at Casa de Enchanted Seashells. Should be fun! You can’t believe how pretty this little boat is. Pics and post to come.
- Working on the menu for my tugboat man’s last nice dinner before he flies away on Sunday. I’d love it if you shared your suggestions. Don’t forget we’re vegetarians–hope that doesn’t limit your options!
In the meantime, I thought I’d share a “hate” with you.
I hate hate hate the little plastic things that conceal toilet bolts; I can’t explain why (maybe a shrink could, but that’s a whole other topic LOL) but they really bug me, and one day I took the plastic off while I was obsessively cleaning. My seashell-saturated mind came up with the brilliant idea of replacing it with a seashell, which fit perfectly, and I think it’s a great improvement!
I daubed a bit of Museum Putty on the underside to hold it in place. I use QuakeHold or Museum Putty to secure lots of things that I don’t want to glue or hot glue. It works great and doesn’t leave a mark.
The view from my throne…
- Seashell Sailboat (spoonful.com)
- My few days in Paradise ~ Costa Rica (Part 4 of 4) (lavieeclectique.com)