My fall–not from grace but off the counter–didn’t slow me down, but it certainly kept me on terra firma for the remainder of my pre-tugboat man welcome home preparations.
I thought you might like to accompany me on my journey of self-imposed indentured servitude over the last couple of days:
- Washed the windows, inside and out, including taking the screens out and washing them.
- I paid special attention to the patio door tracks. I hate dirty tracks, don’t you?
- Mowed the lawn
- Reseeded the lawn
- Cleaned out the pond, filled it with water, and plugged in the pump
- Trimmed the vines on the arbor which involved standing on a three-step ladder but I was very careful. 🙂
- Washed our deck with a mop and Murphy’s Oil Soap; it got messed up during our rain last week. (See, it does rain in SoCal!)
I have a great vacuuming tip…
Before a special event like my always gone husband returning or guests are coming, or you just want a lovely smelling home, saturate a cotton ball with your favorite scent. It could even be vanilla extract or lavender, but I spray “Chance” by Chanel on the cotton. It’s a bit extravagant, but lasts a long time. The next step is to actually vacuum up the scented cotton ball and commence vacuuming! Your entire house will smell absolutely delicious. You know how the bag can get that really icky smell? The scented cotton ball freshens the bag, too!
Tugboat Man Update:
It’s less than forty-eight hours until I leave for my billionth trip to the airport. His flight arrives Thursday at 3:15 p.m. I’ll have to leave at 2:30 or a bit earlier if there’s traffic.
Stay Tuned for Part Two on Wednesday
Baking and perfumed sheets…I bought him a couple of shirts for a welcome home gift and I’ll be hauling out the welcome home signs.
- Sexy Pillow Tip: Scent Of A Woman….or Man? (healthymommyhappybaby.com)