This came first, a starfish still life; to touch and smell and feel…
Getting back to the essence of Enchanted Seashells with, well…what do you think?
Seashells and starfish and pearls…of course!
and the original from the Cure, old school style. Which version do you prefer?
- Starfish (mediumail.wordpress.com)
- Monday Morning Series: Antigua Starfish (traveldestinationbucketlist.com)
- England: Bad weather to blame for dead starfish washed up in Cleethorpes area (sott.net)
Finishing up three or four posts that aren’t cooperating. They’re not funny enough, they have no point, no denouement, no zing–nada. Instead of a rational thought process, I’ll offer up a scattered smorgasbord of tasty appetizers instead of a whole meal.
Remember these cats?
Our Bandit used to talk to us that way. After a while, I started answering her back. She’d say, “Meow“, I’d respond, “Meow”. She’d stroll into the kitchen and greet me with a head nod and a brief “Mew”. I’d imitate her head nod and answer her. She tried so hard to communicate with us! If we didn’t go to bed at the same time every night–if we stayed up a bit longer than usual–Bandit marched into the family room with an outraged sense of purpose-maintain eye contact–and kind of growly-meow, walk a few steps toward the bedroom, and then walk back to us. If we didn’t follow her, she’d leave in a huff and wait on the bed and if we didn’t move quick enough, one swipe of her her paw let us know she was pissed. She had the sharpest claws. They spoke volumes.
- Ringin’ in the New Year with Mexican Hot Chocolate Brownies (rachels-table.com)
- Chocolate and Vanilla Checkerboard Cake (thehappyhousewife.com)