So much happened; we had so many random events I want to include –the spectacular technicolor Tetons, seeing wolves from the famous Lamar Valley pack, Amish campers in Wyoming, fighting with a guy who sold animal hides, and being in the middle of the most extreme weather and intense thunderstorm the tugboat guy and I have ever experienced.
Temps dropped from the mid-eighties to the thirties in less than an hour. Lightening, thunder, wind, torrential rain, hail, sleet, and snow. WOW. And then we hiked in it. All at 10,000 feet. Truly spectacular.
I’m still in shock at being abandoned by my merchant mariner with no warning. You’d think I’d be used to it by now, but it’s never easy…
- Grand Teton in its grandness (randompiks.wordpress.com)
- Camping in the Tetons (digbyanddesmond.typepad.com)
- Yellowstone & The Grand Tetons (newenglandvintagechic.com)
- Fires burn in Yellowstone, near Yosemite (cnn.com)
- Yellowstone (idtumblin.wordpress.com)