Yup, another smoothie recipe.
Don’t say YUCK.
Don’t roll your eyes at me.
I’ve been torturing my family for years, forcing them to drink the
sometimes often dreadful concoctions that I formulate from a deranged aggregate of ingredients — adding a little of this and a little of that — sometimes palatable, sometimes not.
While the raw Cauliflower-Brussel Sprouts Smoothie was NOT a winner, I think I’ve finally developed the perfectly Ultimate Smoothie.
- Tastes delicious
- Helps with digestive/gall bladder issues (me)
- Provides lots of energy
- Garden of Life Raw Protein Powder in Vanilla, Vanilla Chai, Chocolate, or Marley Coffee
- Slippery Elm powder, great for digestion
- Flaxseed Meal, full of healthy fiber
- Chia seeds
- EmergenC, one or two packets
- Beets, canned/unsalted or from my garden (good for gall bladder)
- Garden of Life Perfect Food Raw Organic Wheat Grass Juice Powder
- Garden of Life Perfect Food Raw Organic Powder
- Juices: A combo of Rio Red Grapefruit, Apple, Mango, Cranberry
- Banana (one or two)
- Any other fresh fruit, this time I used blueberries and pears, but anything you have is yummy — from peaches to watermelon
- Nonfat yogurt, regular or Greek for more protein or soy/hemp/almond milk for vegan.
- Ginger (to taste, I use about an inch-peeled)
- Turmeric powder…great anti-inflammatory (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Ginseng (I use Korean Ginseng tea granules)
Additions: I usually add a handful of kale, chard, spinach, parsley, mint…just about any greens, even dark leafy lettuce
I throw it all in the blender and process until very smooth. You’ll never taste the greens or the beets, but they add a bright undertone to the fruit.
If you have a lime or a lemon, add a squeeze or two. I have a friend who tosses in a whole orange, peel and all, from her own organically grown tree. I’ve never done that, but it’s certainly an option.
Whether you try my smoothie as a meal replacement (like I do) or as a healthy between-meal snack, my Ultimate Smoothie will provide added energy and lots of nutrition for your busy day.
P.S. Yes, I use a lot of ingredients, but it’s still easy to do and can be made anywhere if you have a blender or even an immersion blender.
I hate swallowing vitamins and supplements but the smooth and creamy texture of my ultimate smoothie helps them go down without gagging.
Since I’ve been taking Garden of Life Kind Organics supplements, I feel so good and it’s really helped with my digestive issues (and my son is a fan, too!) I’m a big believer in pre and pro-biotics, balancing intestinal flora and fauna, and you remember I’m a junkie for wheat grass!
My tugboat man and son have the same routine, but theirs is especially formulated for men.
Enloy and be HEALTHY!